Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Caleb Photos and Info

We've had a great past few weeks visiting both sides of the family and even travelling out to New York to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Caleb did really well in the car! He got to see my home in Canton, Ohio. This past weekend we went to Vincennes, Indiana and took Caleb to Kyle's home. It was fun for both of us to introduce our son to the homes we grew up in, even if he won't remember these first trips.

Caleb has been doing pretty well lately. He seems to be getting better each week and is having more happy alert time and is doing better at naps during the day. He just learned to suck his thumb this past week. Going along with improved hand coordination, he can reach out and grab objects now. He seems to be trying to laugh. He'll smile and look like he's laughing but a short cough will come out. I think the laugh is coming soon!

I took him to the hospital to get his weight checked on Thursday (when he turned 12 weeks!). He weighed 9 lbs. 5 oz. before feeding and 9 lbs. 9 oz. after feeding. The nurse said he's eating well and seems healthy, alert and active even though he's really small for his age. This week I'm trying to feed him more often to see if we can convince him to eat more so he can start to pack on the pudge.

Caleb trying on some of his warmer clothes.

Wearing a hat a good friend made for him.

Playing in his swing.


Packing up his newborn sized clothes and getting out the 0-3 month clothes. (This was just last week!) It was kind of sad to pack up the clothes I'm used to seeing him in, but exciting that he's finally big enough to wear the next size up!


Caleb is an expert at pouting.

Getting ready for a road trip!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics mary! I think his looks are changing a bit, I don't see a shrunken Kyle so much this time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that looking like a "shrunken kyle" was a bad thing! :) His eyes remind me more of you Mary!

    ReplyDelete