Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day!

Mother's Day felt different this year now that I have a much better idea what it actually means to be a mom! Caleb is nearly 11 months now and I have learned so much in the last year about the joys and difficulties of parenthood. I am thankful to be surrounded by strong women (not to discount the men, but you'll get mentioned on Father's Day!)--my own mom, sister, grandmothers, aunts and friends who have all played a part in making me the person and mom I am today. I am thankful not just for their role in the past but as they continue to love and support our family and have embraced this new little person in our lives.

Speaking of that new little person, he's getting bigger every day! He is filled with an endless sense of curiosity so most of the day he's crawling around the house touching everything he can, pulling on things, putting things in his mouth, standing up on things and looking for buttons to push. He stood on his own for about 30 seconds last week but looked pretty nervous about it. It'll still be awhile before he tries to walk but I know it's coming!





No comments:

Post a Comment