Me and my boys! If only Wyatt slept so well at night. But, at least since he sleeps so much during the day I still get to have some quality time with just Caleb.
Kyle and Caleb built a firepit in our yard. Kyle did a great job planning it out and the end result looks perfect! It's flush with the ground so now you can't see our pile of burned wood and sticks from the road and it looks a lot prettier than the old fire ring.
Caleb's 3rd birthday was June 18 and we celebrated with a Thomas the Tank Engine cake. I can't believe my little boy is so old already! He's been doing great with having Wyatt around. Mostly he just ignores him but occasionally he gives him a kiss or tells me he would miss the baby if Daddy took him to work. A few days ago he was hovering over Wyatt and I asked what he was doing. He stood up quickly and walked away saying, "I'm not eating the baby." Not sure what was going through his head! I always enjoy hearing the new phrases he uses. If I give him something he doesn't like, he tells me, "This is not the good one!" and now he'll say, "That's despicable" which I think he may have heard from Daffy Duck on Looney Toons? He got all his toys out one day and told me, "We need clean this despicable mess!". Sometimes he'll end his phrases in "you say" like when I told him to open the door so Daddy could bring in more groceries, he said, "More ice cream you say?".
Caleb has known how to use the potty for months now but just wasn't interested in being completely potty trained or giving up his diapers or pull-ups. So after bringing Wyatt home we told him that diapers were for babies like Wyatt and he should wear big boy underwear. He thought about it for a day then told us he was done with diapers. He's been doing great, even overnight!
This is a plastic knife.Caleb decided it was time to have a nectarine so he took matters into his own hands, got his knife and climbed up onto the counter to cut it up.
And some photos from the last week or so. Wyatt is much chubbier and more alert now! He weighs over 11 lbs now. At 6 weeks old, Wyatt weighed more than Caleb did at 4 months. Caleb didn't gain weight and was super cranky due to acid reflux so it's been so nice to have a mostly happy and chubby baby! Wyatt has always smiled a lot in his sleep but he's been doing it on purpose for the last week or so.
This made my day!!!
ReplyDeletecuuuuuuuuute!
ReplyDeleteawesome pictures! that fire pit is amazing...good work, kyle and caleb! i can't get over how much wyatt looks like caleb. so cute. and i love caleb's little mind. you never know what's going to come out his mouth next...hilarious!
ReplyDelete