
The end is in sight for both the pregnancy and my belly button! I'm hoping my belly button doesn't become an outie in these next two months. As of this weekend I've completed 30 weeks of pregnancy (I'm 31 weeks in the photo). It's hard to believe we're 3/4 of the way done with this! My belly is steadily getting bigger and we're able to see it moving as baby punches and kicks. It's really amazing to be able to both see and feel him.
Earlier this month at one of my doctor's appointments, the doctor said that my cervix had opened just a tiny bit. She increased my meds and I tried to be extra careful about not being too active. We had another checkup/ultrasound last week. This appointment went really well. My cervix has gotten slightly longer again and I'm not having contractions (as long as I'm not too active or stressed) so it looks like between the medication and reduced activity, everything is working to convince baby to hang out for awhile longer. Because of the good report I don't have to take my anti-contractions medication as often (now only every 8 hrs. rather than every 6) and I won't be going into the doctor's office as often any more. Both of those are a relief!
The ultrasounds are always so incredible. The technician didn't have an appointment after us so she spent some extra time just letting us watch our little guy move around. He's getting pudgier! He was moving around playing with his feet and waving his hands. It's just amazing to actually get to see what's going on inside my body. The ultrasounds make him feel so much more real. In the ultrasound below the baby's face is on the right side looking left so you can see his profile. He's got his hand up to his face.
Earlier this month at one of my doctor's appointments, the doctor said that my cervix had opened just a tiny bit. She increased my meds and I tried to be extra careful about not being too active. We had another checkup/ultrasound last week. This appointment went really well. My cervix has gotten slightly longer again and I'm not having contractions (as long as I'm not too active or stressed) so it looks like between the medication and reduced activity, everything is working to convince baby to hang out for awhile longer. Because of the good report I don't have to take my anti-contractions medication as often (now only every 8 hrs. rather than every 6) and I won't be going into the doctor's office as often any more. Both of those are a relief!
The ultrasounds are always so incredible. The technician didn't have an appointment after us so she spent some extra time just letting us watch our little guy move around. He's getting pudgier! He was moving around playing with his feet and waving his hands. It's just amazing to actually get to see what's going on inside my body. The ultrasounds make him feel so much more real. In the ultrasound below the baby's face is on the right side looking left so you can see his profile. He's got his hand up to his face.

No comments:
Post a Comment