Thursday, May 7, 2009

Switching Doctors

I had another appointment earlier this week with my doctor. My doctor seemed somewhat distracted or extra busy. A couple months ago she told us that she would be leaving her practice June 30 and then another doctor would be taking over her practice. Our due date is June 28 and given the complications we've had, decided to stay with the same doctor and hope that the baby didn't go past the 30th. I asked the doctor if she would still be staying until the 30th and she said no, her last day was the 26th. Then I asked when the new doctor was coming and was told that that was no longer happening!! So I was given the option to be induced on June 22, switch doctors, or have another doctor from the hospital do the delivery.

During the appointment, my doctor asked how I have been feeling and I said good (I've really felt good this whole pregnancy), so she told me I could take my meds every 12 hours rather than 8 and didn't have to be on modified bed rest anymore, just to be careful not to be too active. Then she left without doing an exam and that was it! After weeks of appointments of being hooked up to machines, examined and monitored it just didn't feel right to have such a significant change in meds/activity without even an exam or an explanation.

So after the appointment I switched doctors to someone else at the same hospital who a friend highly recommended. I'm feeling good about the decision and I'm looking forward to meeting the new doctor. Hopefully I can have a few appointments before the baby arrives! In the meantime, I'm being somewhat more active but trying to take it easy until I get a second opinion from the new doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment