Today (June 28) is the day Caleb was supposed to arrive! It's hard to believe he's 10 days old already. These past 10 days have been pretty incredible. Kyle and I are enjoying being parents and watching Caleb change even since he's been born. I've discovered I have an endless capacity for worry but I think that's a normal mom thing. It's still strange to call myself a mom, or realize that I have a son now.
Caleb has been doing well. For the most part he's a pretty good baby. He mostly sleeps but he's starting to be awake more and more each day. I love looking at him as he looks around, just trying to guess what he's thinking and what he's seeing.
Kyle and I are both adjusting to our new sleep schedule. Throughout the last trimester I always felt like I had drank a pot of coffee and never slept well. Now I sleep great when I get the chance! My hearburn also went away immediately. My fat feet have taken awhile to go away but they've just started looking semi-normal again. Still a little puffy but I can now wear shoes besides just flip flops.
Today we took Caleb for his first walk in his stroller. There's a park close to our house and there was a band playing in the evening. We drove down then got out to walk around but as you can see, he didn't have a great time so Kyle ended up carrying him the whole way. He enjoyed hanging out with Kyle in the hammock much better! These photos are just from today. I'll post more my next entry.
No comments:
Post a Comment